Instantly identify plants of all kinds: flowers, trees, succulents, mushrooms, cacti and more! PlantSnap is the revolutionary plant identification app from Earth.com built to help you instantly identify plants in a snap.
With our latest update, PlantSnap now works in every continent on Earth! Our algorithm recognizes 90% of all species on the planet, with over 316,000 species in our searchable database.
Have you ever been on a hike, vacation or simply on an afternoon walk and wondered what species that plant, flower or tree was? Take a picture of the plant and PlantSnap will tell you what it is in seconds using its robust plant database.
With Plantsnap, you can reconnect to the natural world around you and learn about nearby plants, or browse our gallery to discover new and exotic plants all across the globe. Whether you find peace and mindfulness from hiking, or if you are interested in studying nature, Plantsnap has the resources and technology you need.
PlantSnap also comes paired with a seamlessly integrated companion website, allowing you to upload photos from your computer for instant identification or check items from your plant collection.
PlantSnap is powered by deep learning and artificial intelligence, meaning that it actually learns and improves with every image you feed it. Every image you take makes PlantSnap better and adds to the growing Plant Database. Get out there and start PlantSnapping!
Identify Plants with Your Camera
• Instantly learn the name of plants, flowers and trees with a picture!
• Snap a picture with your camera, plug the picture into PlantSnap and watch the Plant Database name the plant!
• Our database is global and our results are instantaneous. There are currently 316,000 plant species in our worldwide database, most with photos and descriptions.
• More than just flowers and trees- PlantSnap has mushrooms, succulents, cactus and more
• PlantSnap covers over ALL of the plants worldwide and hopes to fully cover almost every known plant species on Earth soon!
Plant Identification & Learning Algorithms
• Our algorithm is learning 50,000 new species per month
• PlantSnap will update automatically for you every time we add a new batch of species, no additional fees required
• Visit my.plantsnap.com with your PlantSnap account
• View your collection from the app on the web
• Add photos to identify from your desktop, then keep track of things on your mobile
Discover the World Around You
• Rediscover nature with the help of a botanist in your pocket.
• Gamify your hikes with friends and family! Plantsnap lets you build a library of every plant, tree or flower you've snapped. See how many you can collect!
• Get some fresh air and improve your mood! Plantsnap connects the divide between technology and nature.
• Connecting to nature can be good for mindfulness or spirituality. Whether you’re an avid hiker on the trails or a botanist in a garden, quickly gain knowledge of the plants around you.
• Vacationing in another country? PlantSnap isn't just for the flowers in your garden. We have a global database of plants and works wherever you are!
Stop wondering what those plants, flowers or trees are called, and instantly know their name by snapping a picture! Have access to our growing Plant Database, and stay up-to-date on new plant species!
Download PlantSnap now and start PlantSnapping!
**Be sure to watch our instructional video to get the most accurate results!**
**Please check your email after purchasing for more detailed information.**
We are looking to make Plantsnap better all the time. Please leave your feedback in the app to help Plantsnap grow!
This vid shows an app that helps identifies plants and trees by their leaves and flowers. It's called plant snap and I give a quick review and show what it can do ...
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
PlantSnap Plant Identification App Video Statistics
PlantSnap Plant Identification Reviews (1)
So far has only correctly identified a couple of the plants of which I already know the name and feel I couldn’t trust it on something I didn’t recognise, so pretty useless so far!
Found it confusing to get in to and lots of questions re Google. Tried to use it but it didn't work. So I deleted it.
This is American and therefore completely useless in England. Did not recognise anything. Thought a rose was a hydrangea and a tree was ivy. Waste of time. If you don't live an America forget it.
I had spent the day out in my own garden with plants that I had known just to test. Everything that I had taken a photo of came back negative, including a picture of a mushroom that I took and you told me that it was the lime. Trying to get a refund from this company is exhausting and cumbersome. Very unimpressed, and I wouldn’t waste your money even trying.
Heco the stumbler
Should have read the negative reviews. Did not recognize my house plants, any of them.
Program works good and I can talk about flowers by name and ask the correct questions to care for and work with the plant/flowers around my home.
Al capwn 1209
Literally has gotten everything wrong besides one obvious flower
Snapped pictures of my hosta and petunia and it identified them completely wrong. Didn't even resemble them!!
I have been very disappointed in this app that I paid $3.99 for. It has identified very few of the plants that I wanted to know what they are. Some I knew but wanted to see if Plant Snap would tell me correctly—it did not!
It can’t ID orchids?
A great idea, but it needs a much better database. It has failed to identify 90% of the plants I checked; even very common ones.
So I can’t even take a photo because it crashes as soon as it opens. I want a refund.
Chuck Norris once ripped a massive hole in the fabric of space-time several hours after a Montezuma's binge.
This is just a fun pursuit for me, but if you need this kind of help, this is a great place to start if you don't have your own private horticulturist.
This is a great app. It can't work miracles and can't identify all flowers, but it has already helped me identify quite a few.
Do you have experts at your fingertips is just awesome! Be sure to take close-up pictures as it will make your search much easier.
Mostly you need it to send to identify..
-Slow -Low accuracy -Bunch of errors (iOS 11.0.3) -Unoperational features -Currently not working (yeah it is annoying) Should be really developed.
Many famous trees not find
It is very easy to forgive others their mistakes; it takes more grit to forgive them for having witnessed your own.
PlantSnap Plant Identification Wiki
PlantSnap Plant Identification app wiki coming soon. plant identification, tree identification, nature walk with kids, botony, plant apps, apps, teaching kids, parents and preschool,
PlantSnap Plant Identification App News
- AI is learning from our encounters with nature – and that's a concern - The idea seems wonderful—a phone app that allows you to take a photo of a plant or animal and receive immediate species identification and other information about it. A "Shazam for nature" so to speak.
- These 8 Apps Will Help You Explore the Great Outdoors - The wind is whispering through the trees, the air hangs thick with pine fragrance, and you just whipped out your phone. Don't feel guilty about logging on when you're out in nature! There are more and more apps out there that can seriously enhance your outdoo…
- Aplicaciones Android para identificar plantas - Descubre estas cuatro aplicaciones Android que son de utilidad a la hora de identificar plantas de manera sencilla. Todas ellas se encuentran disponibles para descargar en tu teléfono en la Play Store.
- Identify plants with an artificial intelligence app [App of the Week] - iOS and Android app, PlantSnap lets users take pictures of plants and use artificial intelligence to figure out what the name and species a plant is.