Instantly identify plants of all kinds: flowers, trees, succulents, mushrooms, cacti and more! PlantSnap is the revolutionary plant identification app from Earth.com built to help you instantly identify plants in a snap.
With our latest update, PlantSnap now works in every continent on Earth! Our algorithm recognizes 90% of all species on the planet, with over 500,000 species in our searchable database.
Have you ever been on a hike, vacation or simply on an afternoon walk and wondered what species that plant, flower or tree was? Take a picture of the plant and PlantSnap will tell you what it is in seconds using its robust plant database.
With Plantsnap, you can reconnect to the natural world around you and learn about nearby plants, or browse our gallery to discover new and exotic plants all across the globe. Whether you find peace and mindfulness from hiking, or if you are interested in studying nature, Plantsnap has the resources and technology you need.
PlantSnap also comes paired with a seamlessly integrated companion website, allowing you to upload photos from your computer for instant identification or check items from your plant collection.
PlantSnap is powered by deep learning and artificial intelligence, meaning that it actually learns and improves with every image you feed it. Every image you take makes PlantSnap better and adds to the growing Plant Database. Get out there and start PlantSnapping!
Identify Plants with Your Camera
• Instantly learn the name of plants, flowers and trees with a picture!
• Snap a picture with your camera, plug the picture into PlantSnap and watch the Plant Database name the plant!
• Our database is global and our results are instantaneous. There are currently 500,000 plant species in our worldwide database, most with photos and descriptions.
• More than just flowers and trees- PlantSnap has mushrooms, succulents, cactus and more
• PlantSnap covers over ALL of the plants worldwide and hopes to fully cover almost every known plant species on Earth soon!
Plant Identification & Learning Algorithms
• Our algorithm is learning 50,000 new species per month
• PlantSnap will update automatically for you every time we add a new batch of species, no additional fees required
• Visit my.plantsnap.com with your PlantSnap account
• View your collection from the app on the web
• Add photos to identify from your desktop, then keep track of things on your mobile
Discover the World Around You
• Rediscover nature with the help of a botanist in your pocket.
• Gamify your hikes with friends and family! Plantsnap lets you build a library of every plant, tree or flower you've snapped. See how many you can collect!
• Get some fresh air and improve your mood! Plantsnap connects the divide between technology and nature.
• Connecting to nature can be good for mindfulness or spirituality. Whether you’re an avid hiker on the trails or a botanist in a garden, quickly gain knowledge of the plants around you.
• Vacationing in another country? PlantSnap isn't just for the flowers in your garden. We have a global database of plants and works wherever you are!
Stop wondering what those plants, flowers or trees are called, and instantly know their name by snapping a picture! Have access to our growing Plant Database, and stay up-to-date on new plant species!
Download PlantSnap now and start PlantSnapping!
**Be sure to watch our instructional video to get the most accurate results!**
**Please check your email after purchasing for more detailed information.**
We are looking to make Plantsnap better all the time. Please leave your feedback in the app to help Plantsnap grow!
Before the goats arrive to the farm we need to be sure our pastures are safe for them... and to do so we try out a new app called PlantSnap to identify the weeds.
Fixed a bug causing a crash when opening details for a plant.
PlantSnap Plant Identification App Video Statistics
PlantSnap Plant Identification Reviews (88)
This was pretty much my experience with the app as well. It tried to tell me our lilac bush was Eastern Poison Ivy! It did seem to correctly identify honeysuckle. I think if a plant is flowering this app would be useful, but if you are just going off leaves then you probably won't have much success.
I used to be an amateur wild flower identifier, I did it for about a year. I read about all the terminology in botany or the glossary of flower identification, I got pretty familiar with terms, but I found I couldn’t ‘key-out’ in the flower identification books, and certainly not on the spot, it was too difficult. This app solves all that! It’s amazing! I would have paid more or even annually for this app. Get it in combination with Wild Flower Key books!
Plant CRAP what useless crap !!!!!!!!
I found this app rubbish, it never gave me the right answer, in-fact, I think it was hoping I would give the right answer, so it can build up it own Nohow on plants
Is it supports mi 4😃😃
Pas vraiment satisfaite, j'ai essayé avec quelques plantes et pas le résultat escompté. Pas capable d'identifier un simple cactus.
Heco the stumbler
AFTER A NUMBER OF RESPONSES FROM THE APP DEVELOPERS, I HAVE CHANGED MY REVIEW-AGAIN. SO EVEN THOUGH THIS APP DID NOT WORK WELL WITH ME, UPON THE DEVELOPERS’ INSISTENCE AND PERSISTENCE, I HAVE CONCEDED THAT THE PROBLEM WAS ALL ME AND THAT THIS APP IS IN FACT THE BEST APP IN THE WHILE WIDE WORLD, UNIVERSE EVEN. SIX STARS! IF IT WORKED FOR EVERYBODY ELSE, GOT FLYING REVIEWS, AWARDS, POSITIVE WRITE UPS, THEN CLEARLY MY EXPERIENCE IS MEANINGLESS. THE EVIDENCE IS OVERWHELMING. AND NOW, I AM HOPEFUL THIS NEW REVIEW WILL BE SATISFACTORY. 5 STARS, THERE YA GO. OVER AND OUT...., Previous Review: Did not recognize my house plants, any of them. Also tried a few plants (weeds)growing in my yard and the app recognized one - at least I think so, since I know little about plants. The developer reached out to me, and I see on all the bad reviews that they have reached out to all their clientele, Which is great, and which is why I bumped it up one star. But they blame the user, going as far as saying that it is the users fault because they have not learned how to use the app correctly. Ouch! Perhaps the app can be adapted for the USER? - for example, that the app does not allow a photo to be taken if it doesn’t meet specifications (detail, resolution...) for plant recognition? The point is that both the app and the developers’ response to me make me feel inept; that the reason it is not working “properly” is because I am not using it properly, or that I haven’t figured it out yet. Yes, of course I read all the documentation and watched the video, and yet I am still have issues. if this app is meant for people with advanced photographic skills, it should be mentioned. Another point is that while I made every effort to take clear photos of foliage, even going as far as placing a piece of paper behind the leaf, I was still provided with more than one possibility. How is this helpful? I am right back to square one. Finally, I think this app confuses itself between a plant identification app, an encyclopedia (way too much info on screen) and networking app. Perhaps for more advanced users, botanists, the combination of the three is a plus, but for a person who simply wants to know if she should yank what appear to be weeds from her garden or if the shrub on a hike is poisonous, this app isn’t helpful. sorry. And because of their persistence, I’ve come back to update my review in detail. I do not wish to receive any further communications from this developer. Let it go...
I just updated to 1.36 and now PlantSnap opens, but is permanently stuck loading on the home screen. Restarting, re-installing the app and restarting my phone don't fix the issue.
Oak Knob Farm
I agree 100% with your comments regarding technology. Using your cellphone isn't a "hipster" move in my opinion. You're learning your property, and any tool to help you learn is worthy! We bought a house with substantial flower gardens. The cellphone/internet has been invaluable for us to figure out exactly what we have so we can learn to care for them
Just moved to a different state. This is really helpful in identifying unfamiliar species. Not 100% accurate, but it offers alternatives and the right one is usually easy to find.
I was so hopeful but tried it on a few plants in my garden - very common like sweet potato vine and all inaccurate
I use this all the time
Just starting using this app today, found it to be very accurate, loving it! Would highly recommend.
Just purchased it. Tried it on some plants at home.Not even close. Couldn’t even identify aloe Vera. Was suggesting exotic South American plants for some simple indoor plants in Australia. Don’t waste your money.
Beautiful lime tree. Lots of fruit and leaves. You say it’s nutmeg????
Good job!. Well, for more information about this app ( from users) I suggest everyone to have a look to my video PlantSnap review extraofficial , I share my frustrating experience with this app and the way the “experts” assistants are dealing with the complaints I was reporting. Save yourself the money and more important save your time and nerves.
NASA wants to save money so they asked Chuck Norris to kick the rockets into space and he tied a rope to the rocket to pull it back.
I deleted the app
This is just a fun pursuit for me, but if you need this kind of help, this is a great place to start if you don't have your own private horticulturist.
Patti & Art
Thanks for this information. I will be doing the same right away.
....Not Good At All....
En temel bitkileri dahi tanımlayamıyor. Çok amatör bir program. Can not identify even the very well known basic plants.
Sistemde olmayan bitkilerin tanımlanması çok uzun sürüyor. Arkadaşlık sistemi gelse haritada başkalarının bitkilerini de görebilsek harika olur.
Benzer ücretsiz uygulamalara göre daha kötü, asla para vermeye değmez
Hey Aust, just got our first goats last week! 2 full Kiko and one Kiko Saanen cross. Have them on about 2 acres of dense woods and they are loving it! Just thought i would share that with you.
The cosmos is neither moral or immoral; only people are. He who would move the world must first move himself.
PlantSnap Plant Identification Wiki
PlantSnap Plant Identification app wiki coming soon. farm, farming, homesteading, homesteady, homesteaders, backyard farming, plantsnap, plant snap app, plant snap review, plant identification, plant identification app, review of plantsnap, plantsnap review, app review, weeds,
PlantSnap Plant Identification App News
- Popular PlantSnap Identification iOS app at lowest price ever: $1 (Reg. $4) - PlantSnap Plant Identification is the number 2 rated Education app for iOS. You just “take a picture of a plant and PlantSnap will tell you what it is in seconds using its robust plant database.” The regularly $4 app is now available for just $1 on the App St…
- 通常480円の写した植物『PlantSnap Plant Identification』が360円に、iOSアプリ値下げ情報 2018/9/12 - 2018年9月12日のiPhone/iPad向けアプリセール情報は、通常480円の写真に写した花やキノコ・多肉植物などを識別できるアプリ『PlantSnap Plant Identification』が360円になどがセ […]
- Für Apple-Nutzer: iOS-Top-Apps: Naturdetektive und traurige Wassergläser - Diese Woche landet eine App zum Identifizieren von Pflanzen wieder in den Top-Ten. Ebenso wie der Kampf gegen die gesamte Menschheit. Aber auch ein kleines leeres Glas darf kräftig mitmischen.
- Beliebte Software: iOS-App-Charts: Digitale Notizen und Wasser ins Glas - Bei iPad-Nutzern sehr beliebt sind diese Woche wieder digitale Notizbücher: Das Programm "GoodNotes 4" hat es erneut auf Platz eins geschafft. Außerdem sind viele von der kniffligen Aufgabe hingerissen, ein Glas mit Wasser zu füllen.