Application to mirror the screen and audio of your iPhone or iPad to your Roku. This can be any Roku Streaming Player, Roku Stick or Roku TV (from Hisense, TCL, Insignia, Element, Onn and Sharp)! You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Roku.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Roku. Don't use multiple VLANs, a VPN or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Roku app. It will start looking for your Roku(s) on your local network. When a Roku Player, Stick or TV is found, please select it. When you use this app for the first time, your Roku will go to the Mirror for Roku install page. Select Add Channel to add the Mirror for Roku receiver on your Roku.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your Roku is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the Roku that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Roku app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
Some apps block Screen Mirroring. This means that application developers can choose themselves if they want to block Screen Mirroring. For instance, Netflix, Disney and AppleTV+ have decided to block this.
There is a simple test that you can do to see if the app that you want to mirror has blocked Screen Mirroring:
Open that particular app and slide up Control Center on your iPhone/iPad. Then, click on Screen Recording and start recording the screen to your Camera Roll. Watch the app that you want to mirror and at some point stop the screen recording. Then go to your Photos app and watch the video that was recorded. If the recorded video shows the app you want to mirror, it works fine. If the video is empty, then the app you want to mirror does not allow Screen Mirroring.
About Screen Recording and Privacy
Even though there are notifications about Screen Recording, we don't record your screen into files and we don't send any content to a server. We only temporarily store data in memory, before it is streamed to TV. Upon streaming, the content is removed from memory.
What our users are saying:
"Worked great!" - 5 STARS - by HeatherWorky
Sure there is a slight delay, but I just turn down the audio on my iPhone and it’s fine. Works perfectly. Was about to pitch my roku but now I can use it with Spotify and other accounts. Thanks!
"Love it !!! Thank you developers" - 5 STARS - by Kenjikaea
It works smoothly for me currently on a iPhone X no lag at all I can watch movies play apps from my smart tv .
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to [email protected]
- Added app translations - Bugfixes and Stability Improvements
Mirror for Roku - AirBeamTV Reviews (1,219)
Really easy to use, good quality picture and sound.
Title says it all
Does what it’s meant to do. Easy to set up and easy to use. Makes it easy for me to do my online Zumba classes from the tv. I Use the FREE Air Beam App. Works perfectly from my Apple phone. It’s a little bit behind what my class is doing but I just turn the sound down on my phone and turn it up on the TV
Able to stream from my phone, picture quality isn’t the greatest but it works. There’s a delay so you can stream games we’ll but the video works great
Bought this to stream sports from my phone to tv. Sound but no picture. Would like my money back.
It is so delayed don’t buy
Doesn’t work. Took less than 10 seconds during first use to buffer, freeze, audio but no video, then freeze. Immediately requesting my money back from App Store.
It lacks a little but honestly best $5 I've ever spent. I really recommend.
Does not work as intended. 5 second delay between Video stream and audio, rendering it useless. Switches to another screen to buffer every couple of minutes. Lost connection unexpectedly within the first 5 minutes using the app. I am on a 100/50 mbps connection with a top of the line router. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
The idea is great but it doesn’t seem to work with Telstra TV which is a Roku box but doesn’t have access to the mirror app or channel or anything else the instructions mentioned therefore I am awaiting a refund.
Mary Kay Ash
Those who are blessed with the most talent don't necessarily outperform everyone else. It's the people with follow-through who excel.