* NOAA Hurricane Tracking and Forecast Data *
MAIN FEATURES INCLUDE:
* NHC GOES-16 Satellite Imagery
* 5-day Hurricane Forecast / Tracker
* Spaghetti Models!
* 5-day Tropical Storm Outlook (Pacific)
* 5-day Tropical Storm Outlook (Atlantic)
* 5-day Tropical Storm Outlook (Central Pacific)
* 2-week Tropical Storm Outlook (Global)
* NWS Tropical Weather Discussion
* Storm Specific Forecast & Public Advisories
* Wind History, Rainfall Forecast & Flash Flood Risk Graphics
* New Storm Push Notifications
By far the fastest, most convenient way to access National Hurricane Center data. The app displays detailed satellite imagery animations, allowing you to track the storm using the most recent observations.
More satellite filter details below:
-- Band 2 --
0.64 µm - 'Red' Band - 0.5 km resolution - Visible band 2 is in the red portion of the spectrum and has the highest resolution of any ABI band at 0.5 km, and for that reason is the primary visible band. It is used primarily to monitor the evolution of clouds throughout the daylight hours.
-- Band 4 --
1.37 µm - 'Cirrus' Band - 2 km resolution - Band 4 will detect very thin cirrus clouds during the day. This band is centered in a strong water vapor absorption spectral region. It does not routinely sense the lower troposphere, where there is substantial water vapor, and thus provides excellent daytime sensitivity to high, very thin cirrus under most circumstances.
-- Band 5 --
1.6 µm - 'Snow/Ice' Band - 1 km resolution - During the day band 5 can be used to differentiate ice clouds and snow (relatively dark) from liquid water clouds (relatively bright), such as fog and stratus. It can also detect very hot fires both day and night.
-- Band 7 --
3.9 µm - 'Shortwave Window' Band - 2 km resolution - Band 7 has a variety of applications, including fire detection, cloud particle size retrievals, and differentiating between liquid water and ice clouds. Fire hot spots will show up as relatively small dark gray to black pixels. GOES-16 band 7 corresponds approximately to the old GOES-13 infrared channel.
-- Band 8 / 9 / 10 --
6.2 µm - 'Water Vapor' Bands - Band 8 will be used for upper-level tropospheric water vapor tracking, jet stream identification, hurricane track forecasting, mid-latitude storm forecasting, severe weather analysis, upper mid-level moisture estimation (for legacy vertical moisture profiles) and turbulence detection. The imager on GOES-16 features three mid-level water vapor bands instead of the single water vapor band on the GOES-13 Imager. The single water vapor band on GOES-13 contained a mixture of water vapor features over many levels of the troposphere, but GOES-16 enables us to focus on water vapor in the upper troposphere (band 8), the middle troposphere (band 9), or the lower troposphere (band 10).
-- Band 13 --
10.3 µm - 'Clean' Longwave IR Window Band - Band 13 at 10.3 µm is an infrared window, meaning it is not strongly affected by atmospheric water vapor. This channel is useful for detecting clouds all times of day and night and is particularly useful in retrievals of cloud top height.
-- Band 14 --
11.2 µm - IR Longwave Window Band - the traditional longwave infrared window band, is used to diagnose discrete clouds and organized features for general weather forecasting, analysis, and broadcasting applications. Observations from this IR window channel characterize atmospheric processes associated with extratropical cyclones and also in single thunderstorms and convective complexes.
-- GEOCOLOR Band --
Geocolor is a multispectral product composed of True Color during the daytime, and an Infrared product that uses bands 7 and 13 at night. During the day, the imagery looks approximately as it would appear when viewed with human eyes from space. At night, the blue colors represent liquid water clouds such as fog and stratus, while gray to white indicate higher ice clouds, and the city lights come from a static database.
Craig Fugate gives a tour of the National Hurricane Center in Miami, Florida.
Minor performance updates and bug fixes. Previous Update: Added Spaghetti Models! Added Wind Probability Discussion Added support for the Central Pacific Hurricane Center Added NOAA Map Overlays: - Hurricane Track & Intensity - HD NEXRAD Weather Radar - Potential Storm Surge Flooding Map Overlay Added Global 2-week Tropical Hazard Outlook Added new satellite data to include non-named tropical storms (tropical floater imagery). Added GOES-16 regional satellite data (all regions) Thank you for the positive feedback!
National Hurricane Center Data App Video Statistics
National Hurricane Center Data Reviews (0)
... but not for anywhere else in the world. They should make this clearer in the description. Will be asking for a refund.
Had a question about the viewing issues on my Ipad. Never expected to receive an answer let alone right away! Was very impressed with the explanation and personal way it was written. Thanks for the explanation and am anxiously awaiting the possible resolution to the app presentation. BOB
I had a question regarding differences between an iPad and iPhone application. I received an email back very quickly which resolved the issues!!
Wonderful forecasts and imagery.
Whittier Weather Service
App works as expected!
This app has sooo much data I love it
This is has the best forecast and is very easy to read and understand
@hurric_ane @systemofasuco @ariiadnyalmeida @IngriidRegiina @agridoce_tai @luvv29 @allanabeatrz @taynikah @lucuos O significa rata?
@Satellys @P4mplemousse @FloMOUVAUX @hurric_anne @Nyx_L @JeanPaulepanda @K_HELVA @pierrealain59 @Happy_dogo…
@Satellys @P4mplemousse @FloMOUVAUX @hurric_anne @Nyx_L @JeanPaulepanda @K_HELVA @pierrealain59 @Happy_dogo @DVincent119 @jiienik Pardon?
Chuck Norris had what Meg Ryan was having.
The man who is aware of himself is henceforward independent; and he is never bored, and life is only too short, and he is steeped through and through with a profound yet temperate happiness.
National Hurricane Center Data App News
- Typhoon Yutu Could Strike Guam as a Category 5 Beast - It feels like 2018 is the year of rapid intensification. Storm after storm after storm has spun up from humble begins to cyclonic monster around the world. The latest cyclone to join the ignominious club is Typhoon Yutu which is in the midst of spinning up in…
- The 50 Most Daring Entrepreneurs in 2018 - Get inspired by this year's biggest risk takers, from Elon Musk to Chance the Rapper.
- A woman spotted her relatives' call for 'HELP' in photos NOAA took of Hurricane Michael's aftermath, and the program could revolutionize the way people are rescued after disasters - One of the feel-good stories to come out of Hurricane Michael was the woman who spotted her relatives' call for help thanks to interactive maps from NOAA. Business Insider spoke with Mike Aslaksen, the man in charge of the division that produces these images,…
- Ted Cruz and Beto O'Rourke entered Congress at the same time. Here's what they have accomplished. - Texas Tribune - Texas Tribune Ted Cruz and Beto O'Rourke entered Congress at the same time. Here's what they have accomplished. Texas Tribune Over their six years in Congress, what have Cruz and O'Rourke gotten done? We dug into their legislative histories and asked both men…