SkyView® brings stargazing to everyone. Simply point your iPhone, iPad, or iPod at the sky to identify stars, constellations, planets, satellites, and more!
Over 1.7 million downloads.
App Store Rewind 2011 -- Best Education App
“If you've ever wanted to know what you're looking at in the night sky, this app is the perfect stargazer's companion.”
"If you’ve ever been looking for a stargazing app for your iPhone, then this [is] definitely the one to get."
“SkyView is an Augmented Reality app that lets you see just what delights the sky has to offer.”
– 148Apps Editor’s Choice
You don't need to be an astronomer to find stars or constellations in the sky, just open SkyView® and let it guide you to their location and identify them. SkyView® is a beautiful and intuitive stargazing app that uses your camera to precisely spot and identify celestial objects in sky, day or night. Find all 88 constellations as they fade in and out while you scan across the sky, locate every planet in our solar system, discover distant galaxies, and witness satellite fly-bys.
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations, planets, and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Sighting Events: schedule alerts for upcoming celestial events.
• Apple Watch: see what objects are visible tonight and how to spot them using your Apple Watch.
• Today Widget: brand new iOS 8 today widget lets you quickly see upcoming celestial events.
• Night Mode: Preserve your night vision with red or green night mode filters.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the sky track for any object to see it’s exact location in the sky on any date and time.
• Comprehensive: Includes thousands of stars, planets, and satellites with thousands of interesting facts.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
Actual app use starts at 1:29 SkyView is such an amazing augmented reality (AR) app (iOS/Android). A great app for people interested in astronomy, astrology or ...
Dear Stargazer, This update supports additional screen sizes and fixes a few bugs.
SkyView® App Video Statistics
SkyView® Reviews (1)
Rules of fighting: 1) Don't bring a knife to a gun fight. 2) Don't bring a gun to a Chuck Norris fight.
Our achievements of today are but the sum total of our thoughts of yesterday. You are today where the thoughts of yesterday have brought you and you will be tomorrow where the thoughts of today take you.
SkyView® app wiki coming soon. SkyView, Find stars, Augmented Reality, Universe, Space education, Identify stars, Constellations, Planets, Satellites, Night sky, Stargaze, Stargazing, Celestial objects, Android, iOS, Mobile app, Cosmology, Cosmos, Astrology, Astronomy,
SkyView® App News
- Opinion: High school boys had better learn to compete with girls - A high school wrestler in Colorado declined to face two girls who went on to become the first to place in the state tournament.
- Photos: Japanese 'Dollar Store' Daiso Sees Huge Lines At First Ever East Coast Shop In Queens - This weekend, Flushing's Skyview Center saw a two-day-long, grand-opening celebration of Daiso, a Japanese dollar store famous for its ever-changing inventory of fun, cute items that, apparently, has spawned a whole sub-genre of "haul" videos on YouTube. They…
- iPad Apps to Help Students Explore Outer Space - Free resource of educational web tools, 21st century skills, tips and tutorials on how teachers and students integrate technology into education
- Core Graphics Tutorial: Curves and Layers [FREE] - In this tutorial, you will learn the Core Graphics drawing model and how it dictates the order that you draw your shapes.