SkyView® brings stargazing to everyone. Simply point your iPhone, iPad, or iPod at the sky to identify stars, constellations, planets, satellites, and more!
Over 1.7 million downloads.
App Store Rewind 2011 -- Best Education App
“If you've ever wanted to know what you're looking at in the night sky, this app is the perfect stargazer's companion.”
"If you’ve ever been looking for a stargazing app for your iPhone, then this [is] definitely the one to get."
“SkyView is an Augmented Reality app that lets you see just what delights the sky has to offer.”
– 148Apps Editor’s Choice
You don't need to be an astronomer to find stars or constellations in the sky, just open SkyView® and let it guide you to their location and identify them. SkyView® is a beautiful and intuitive stargazing app that uses your camera to precisely spot and identify celestial objects in sky, day or night. Find all 88 constellations as they fade in and out while you scan across the sky, locate every planet in our solar system, discover distant galaxies, and witness satellite fly-bys.
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations, planets, and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Sighting Events: schedule alerts for upcoming celestial events.
• Apple Watch: see what objects are visible tonight and how to spot them using your Apple Watch.
• Today Widget: brand new iOS 8 today widget lets you quickly see upcoming celestial events.
• Night Mode: Preserve your night vision with red or green night mode filters.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the sky track for any object to see it’s exact location in the sky on any date and time.
• Comprehensive: Includes thousands of stars, planets, and satellites with thousands of interesting facts.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
subscribe : youtube.com/c/PlayAppTube app store : itunes.apple.com/us/app/skyview-free-explore-universe/id413936865?mt=8 SkyView® ...
Dear Stargazer, This release of SkyView addresses a few, small bugs regarding our widget view in iOS 10. Happy Stargazing!
SkyView® - Explore the Universe App Video Statistics
SkyView® - Explore the Universe Reviews (7)
BTW crappy quality
Just an occasional user but can quickly familiarize myself and enjoy it whenever I turn it on.
I uses this app to discover the brightest star I see when l look at the sky, easy to use on my iPhone and iPad too. Why I mention surprise is after using the free version, I bought it, and you can see so much more, including all the debris in the sky from the last 50+ of exploration and all the rocket used to fire those in the sky and still gravited around the earth. Great app and I recommend this one for every one who want to learn more about what is above us. Jean-Pierre
The boys and I absolutely love it.
Chuck Norris sheds his skin twice a year.
Seriously this is a magnificent App. Show anyone and the first thing they say is WOW.
Love most everything Would like to be able to edit names and constellation pics for my own use
Life is a learning experience, only if you learn.
SkyView® - Explore the Universe Wiki
SkyView® - Explore the Universe app wiki coming soon. game, android, ios, apple, freegame, mobilegame, smartphonegame,
SkyView® - Explore the Universe App News
- iOS-App-Charts: Sterne beobachten und eine ruhige Kugel schieben - Diese Woche werden Entdecker, Naturfreunde und Meister der Geduld in den iOS-App-Charts fündig: Eine App zur Sternenbeobachtung begeistert Freizeit-Astronomen. Hobby-Gärtner finden Hilfe bei der Pflanzenbestimmung und Geduldige können eine ruhige Hand beweise…
- Black holes: Gravity is the key - Astronomers are now using X-rays to study black holes that stay hidden behind clouds of gas and dust
- The best skywatching gear for astronomy buffs - 9 products to make skywatching fun for astronomy buffs. No gear is needed to see the Perseid meteor shower, but it's good for observing planets and stars.