Get off the couch and get running with the OFFICIAL Couch to 5K® training app! This oft-imitated program has helped thousands of new runners move from the couch to the finish line. Spend just 20 to 30 minutes, three times a week, for nine weeks, and you’ll be ready to finish your first 5K (3.1-mile) race!
Get more information about the Couch to 5K app here: active.com/mobile/couch-to-5k-app
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The Couch to 5K coach you select talks to you during your workouts. To save your battery, Couch to 5K sends audio notifications when your screen is locked or another app is in use.
To be sure you hear the coach during your workout, please do the following:
• Turn on Notifications permissions
• Turn on the hardware ring/silent switch (no red showing)
• Turn your ringer volume up
• Turn off Do Not Disturb (swipe up for Control Panel and the moon button should not be white)
• Within the app, in Settings > Workout Options, be sure the Trainer Volume is up
Without granting notification permissions, during a workout you can click the lock icon at the top left to keep the app active and still hear the coach.
For support please contact us at: [email protected] We would love to hear from you.
WINNER of the 2012 Appy Award for best Healthcare & Fitness App!
• Training plan designed by Active.com trainers
• Choose from 4 different motivating virtual coaches—Johnny Dead, Constance, Billie or Sergeant Block
• Hear human audio cues to guide you through each workout
• Listen to your favorite playlists with in-app music player
• Calculate your distance & pace and map your routes with FREE GPS support*
• Log your workouts and share your progress on Facebook
• Get support from the largest running community on Active.com Trainer
• Repeat workouts and track your best performance
• Treadmill support allows manual entry of workouts
• Track your progress with total distance and average pace
• Graphs for workouts to compare distance and pace
Finished the Couch to 5K program and ready to take your running program to the next level? Check out our 5K to 10K app to prep for your first 10K race here. itunes.apple.com/us/app/5k-to-10k/id526458735!
"The popular Couch to 5K app helps new runners avoid injury from doing too much, too soon."
—Runners World, June 2012
"It's ridiculously easy to use (it's hard not to, as you just do what you're told) and it's fantastic that you have an encouraging voice talking you through things."
—Engadget, June 2012
"Active.com’s Couch to 5K is one of my favorite… apps. With its customizable features, interactivity, and well-rounded interface, I may actually stay off the couch this time."
—148Apps, October 2011
"I knew as soon as I decided to start the Couch to 5K program that I would need something to keep me accountable—not just to showing up for my training, but to actually doing it properly. Of course there’s an app for that."
—CalorieLab, April 2012
"If you have been struggling to get your buns off the couch and somewhat in shape before the summer hits, training for a 5K is not a bad way to start. If you are looking for a program to help get you there, then the “Couch to 5K” running plan by CoolRunning is probably your best bet if you haven’t done an ounce of athletic activity for a number of years."
—Droid Life, April 2012
• Once you purchase the app, it is yours to keep. It does not expire after 9 weeks.
HOORAY! After 2+ months of doing the 5K Runner app, I have officially finished my Couch to 5K journey! It was challenging but SO rewarding. I am so proud of ...
Fix iOS 12 issue.
Couch to 5K® - Run training App Video Statistics
Couch to 5K® - Run training Reviews (53)
our names are weirdly similar so I thought i should watch this... im on week 2 rn so this was an interesting video
Hiya, I'm nearly done week 2 but I had a question for you, did you only do two or the three runs a week or did u do 1+2 and then 3+1 of the next week? X
So cute!! Congrats!!
The Future Army Medic
That an app that works on the Apple Watch does not allow you to work seperate from your phone. Why would I take my phone with me if I have my cellular Apple Watch on me. Extremely disappointed as this looked like a really promising app.
Connection with Apple Watch continuously drops out. App freezes. Characters are annoying. Was hoping for an app where I didn’t need to take my phone with me. Waste of money.
The first day was fantastic. Motivating with interval advice and a map tracking distance. Could see how far I ran how far I walked, the average pace, just great. Day two got to the end and no info. No data on how far etc so no comparison of increased distance or pace. Day three just completed and yet again no data. Basically I’m paying for an app to say ‘jog’ in my ear every now and then. Totally disappointing when you feel you are trying really hard and there is no way of knowing if it is improving at all. It asks you at the end of the session ‘how far did you run?’, I don’t know! That’s the point of having the app!!!
@VoteBrasilLM: ARMYs have been very kind and supportive to us so let’s help them win an award this time! #BBMAsTopSocial BTS @BTS_twt ht…
@sunsetdriiver: this is the perfect time to bring this back because I am still dead
@SJSchauer: LinkedIn Is severely missing shitposters so I’m going to take over the role. I already have 80 endorsements for witchcraft,…
So glad I found your channel. You have inspired me to get healthy. Do you know of any good walking/cardio apps? Every time I've tried running my knee swells up and hurts for weeks. I'm fine walking though.
Bioluminescence is the production and emission of light by a living organism. Its name is a hybrid word, originating from the Greek bios for "living" and the Latin lumen "light". Bioluminescence is a naturally occurring form of chemiluminescence where energy is released by a chemical reaction in the Chuck Norris
Did you start week one running for 60 seconds and walking for 90 seconds?
Great job on the Video! Keep up the Great Work!💯👍😁
It is not the possession of truth, but the success which attends the seeking after it, that enriches the seeker and brings happiness to him.
Couch to 5K® - Run training Wiki
Couch to 5K® - Run training app wiki coming soon. mane message, olivia hayward, couch to 5k, my couch to 5k experience, finishing couch to 5k, fitness runner, 5k runner, couch to 5k and weight watchers, best socks for running, best socks for preventing blisters, c25k, finishing c25k, running and weight watchers, brooks adreneline gts, running and asthma, getting into shape on weight watchers, weight loss and running, running in a city, couch to 5k tips, running for beginners, what do i need for couch to 5k, sports bra,
Couch to 5K® - Run training App News
- How to Avoid Injuries as a Beginning Runner - Running may be one of the simplest fitness activities to pick up—you just need a pair of shoes and the open road—but it’s also hard on your body if you’re not used to it. Read more...
- I tried a Couch to 5K program for a month and it helped me get over my fear of running - The Couch to 5k program aims to get you in good enough shape to finish a 3.1-mile run. I found the program was easy to commit to as it only required three training sessions per week. By the end of the program, I felt like I was in better shape compared to whe…
- A Roundup of Apps for a Fitter You - Dieting and exercise are essential to a happy and productive life, but they can be challenging at times. Luckily, there are tools to help track and encourage your path a healthier self.
- How To Avoid Injuries As A Beginning Runner - Running may be one of the simplest fitness activities to pick up — you just need a pair of shoes and the open road — but it’s also hard on your body if you’re not used to it. More »