For musicians from pros to beginners, whether you sing, play a brass, woodwind or stringed instrument or any type of guitar, this app provides a set of feature-rich practice tools that gives fun and rewarding feedback. It’s much more than just a tuner!
So what makes the TonalEnergy the best selling music practice app?
• It's an all-in-one app, with a state-of-the-art tuner, an advanced metronome, dedicated orchestral strings and guitar tuning page, a piano keyboard, sound analysis pages, and audio/visual recording capabilities.
• It’s easy to use. Options like the Target Tuner or Pitch Tracker are on all the main pages. TonalEnergy helps users create rewarding and attainable goals during a rehearsal or when working alone. Colorful analysis data pages and audio/video recording features enhance the experience of practice.
• The metronome is cutting edge. It offers unmatched flexibility in sound choices, tempo settings, meters, subdivision patterns and visual displays. Voice count-ins, the ability to create and edit preset groups and Ableton link for syncing multiple devices make this a superior tool for performers.
• Ear training possibilities are endless. The high quality multi-sampled instrument sounds for symphonic instruments are unique among all other tuning applications. Listening skills can be developed through the use of the eight-octave keyboard, chromatic wheel and tone generator. There are no other sounds like these.
• Learning is a social activity. Using features unique to the TonalEnergy Tuner, data can be collected, reviewed, edited and shared with others. Feedback is essential for growing and developing great performers. It’s all about connectivity.
Chris Coletti, member of The Canadian Brass, sums up TonalEnergy by saying,
“TonalEnergy is a must-have for any serious musician. It's a full suite of tools in one app; the tuner, tone generator, recorder, metronome and beautiful interface make it one of the best tools for musicians out there, period.”
• Recognizes a large pitch range, extending to lower registers than many competing tuners (C0 - C8) that is highly responsive to wind instruments, as well as acoustic and electric string instruments
• Adjustable A=440 Hz reference
• Automatic or manual transposing options
• Instantly changes between equal, just and other custom temperaments, including user-defined ones
• Auto or instant pitch reference note feature using the TonalEnergy sounds
• Extensive tuning list for all orchestral string and fretted string instruments including many more features than most other string-only tuner apps
• An expandable eight octave piano keyboard enhancing many of the key aspects of the tuner’s functions
• Chromatic wheel tone generator, with optional auto-vibrato feature
• Frequency and Harmonic energy overtone graphs, along with a multi-function waveform
• Dedicated metronome page that matches or exceeds the features available on all other stand alone metronome apps
• Notation options including standard English, Solfege, Northern European, and Indian variants
• Bluetooth output/input support
• Audio and Video recording capabilities including, editing, looping, timestretch that are all exportable via iTunes sharing, AirDrop, email, AudioCopy, SoundCloud, etc
• Import music from iTunes Library or email attachments
• Compatible with external microphones and clip-on vibration sensor devices
• Supports external video output to an external display for use in rehearsal halls
• External MIDI keyboard control support
• Apple Watch app acts as remote control for the phone app
• Audiobus and inter-app audio support
• VoiceOver support for the blind or visually impaired
• Piccolo, Flute
• Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon
• Eb, Bb/A Clarinet, Bass Clarinet
• Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Baritone Saxophone
• French Horn
• Tenor and Bass Trombone
• Euphonium and Tuba
• Square, sawtooth, and sine waveforms
• Plucked Strings
- Added Siri Shortcut support for several operations. See Prefs->Siri Shortcuts for setting them up. - Added additional single 16th note subdivisions - Added count-in option for X/8 meters to use a quarter note as the beat during the count-in - Added AirTurn background operation support - Fixed issue with quarter note triplets
TonalEnergy Tuner & Metronome Reviews (21,959)
I love this app! It is so powerful for long notes and ensuring your tone is right on the money. It’s worth every penny.
Another tuner app that doesn’t use the Apple Watch’s internal microphone but insists you have your iPhone nearby with the app open. Wasted my money. Why doesn’t it tell you that before you buy it? I already have this iPhone-hitched functionality from other apps I bought years ago - and I was hoping for an improvement. If I have to get my iPhone to do the job, I might as well get it out and put it on the music stand. What’s the point of having a smart watch with a mic and speaker if you can only use it for ‘phone calls? Apple Watch could be a real musician’s friend. Why can’t any app developers make use of what it has to offer? Why, oh why???
very useful, great interface
It would be a shame to call this app a tuner because it does so much more. The record and playback really help my practices and I can track when I do practice. The metronome works really well except I haven’t found one yet that keeps pace with me. I find my comfort level has been growing with each of the many features. I primarily use it for Sax ( tenor and Bari ) but it also is a big help with ukulele and guitar when I practice those.
Best tuner and metronome app i have ever used. I play alto sax and find i use the metronome now more than i ever did.
This is the best app I’ve ever used!
I was loving this app up until recently when I noticed it wasn’t counting my streaks and practice time. Although I practiced for two 30 minute sessions yesterday it only says I practiced 20 minutes... And yesterday’s practice didn’t count for the streaks? I’ve practiced for a week with the app but for some reason it only says I have a one day streak. Hope this can be fixed.
Love this app. I record myself all the time. But suddenly it’s doing this wierd thing where it will speed up audio and it sounds like chipmunks singing when I listen back lol. Is there a fix to this?!?!
There is no need
Great app! Super versatile. A lot of great useful features. It has revolutionised my practice. I wholeheartedly recommend this to music students and professionals alike!
I would definitely recommend this app to anyone learning an instrument it’s really helpful if your learning to tune your instrument. Fitted with a metronome that you can make sound like drums! I would definitely recommend this app.
Clear visuals. Even plays the note out loud when pitch is not quite right. Has recording function too , that's so useful for feedback.
Enstruman yapımcılarının ihtiyacını karşılayacak düzeyde bilgi sunabilen, vokal veya perdesiz klavyeleliler ile entonasyon çalışabileceğiniz, kayıt yapıp mail olarak gönderebildiğiniz ve sesi ince ince analiz edebildiğiniz yegane program. Memnuniyet duymanızın ötesinde ufkunuzu da genişletebilir.
To live a pure unselfish life, one must count nothing as ones own in the midst of abundance.