Dark Sky is the most accurate source of hyperlocal weather information. With down-to-the-minute forecasts, you’ll know exactly when the rain will start or stop, right where you’re standing. (It’s like magic.)
Featured in: New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Wired, and more.
YOUR WEATHER, DOWN TO THE MINUTE
Dark Sky is able to create forecasts for your precise location, giving you minute-by-minute predictions for the next hour and hour-by-hour forecasts for the next day and week.
BEAUTIFUL WEATHER ANIMATIONS
The same technology that powers Dark Sky’s predictions also allows us to make the world’s first perfectly smooth radar animation. Other apps show you a chunky slideshow that makes it nearly impossible to tell how storms are moving. But Dark Sky’s radar animation lets you see the actual path of the storm: how it moved in the past, and where it’s going in the future.
Dark Sky comes with advanced notification options: Receive down-to-the-minute alerts before it starts raining at your exact location, get notified of government severe weather alerts (for such things as thunderstorms, flooding, hurricanes, etc.), or even create your own custom notifications covering the next 24 hours for things like temperature, wind, precipitation and more. Even if you haven’t opened the app in days, Dark Sky will tell you what you need to know, when you need to know it.
The Dark Sky Notification Center Widget tells you at a glance what’s going to happen in the next hour and the next week, so you don’t even have to unlock your phone to quickly check the weather before heading out.
Explore weather in the past or future. Choose a date and see historical weather data or future predictions based off of seasonal averages.
Dark Sky looks great on your wrist. Get notifications and check out the weather for the next week with the Dark Sky app built from scratch for Apple Watch.
In this week's video I go through two of the top downloaded paid weather apps on the iOS top charts: Dark Sky and Carrot Weather. Watch now to find out which ...
- Fixes a few issues that would cause errors when loading your current location. - Fixes an issue that caused notifications to be sent for old locations.
Dark Sky Weather App Video Statistics
Dark Sky Weather Reviews (10)
Great review, very informative thankyou.
They need to make weather app that is show accurate forecast after 1 month, accurate precipitation like dark sky and radar
Which is more accurate between the 2?
Great review. From the presentation I would chose Carrot Weather. Seems better to me.
Chuck Norris clears his nose with an Uzi.
But which one is better for Apple Watch? Do you get notifications on the Apple Watch with both? Is carrot weather worth the extra cost?
I use Dark Skies an have for a long time the price of Carrot Weather is what I think is a little much
Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless.
Dark Sky Weather Wiki
Dark Sky Weather app wiki coming soon. carrot weather vs dark sky, best weather app 2018, dark sky, carrot weather, vs, iphone, weather, app, dark, sky, carrot, apple, watch, apple watch, review, comparison, walkthrough, reviews, technology, weather app, android, news, tech, smartphone, science, entertainment, iphone x, carrot weather update 4, carrot apps, weather apps, ios, app store, app review, mbhkd, ijustine, premal tailor,
Dark Sky Weather App News
- How to Predict the Weather When Your Apps Give You Conflicting Forecasts - Weird weather we’re having, right? I don’t know where you live, but I’m assuming it’s on the same planet as I do, and here in the northeastern U.S., a “typical” day includes a tantrum of rain in the morning, hot and humid around mid-day, then cold and possibl…
- 100 years ago an eclipse changed history and made Einstein a star - CNET - Solar eclipses have been linked to the start of wars and the end of empires, but in 1919 an eclipse revealed the workings of the universe itself.
- 18 horrifying stories about airplane turbulence that prove the bumps on your last flight were a breeze - Flying is safer than driving a car, but that doesn't mean it's not scary sometimes. People have told stories of airplane turbulence on Reddit, and some of them are truly wild. One story involves the plane dropping hundreds of feet in midair. Another says the …
- ASTRONOMY COLUMN: When light becomes light pollution - The Journal Pioneer - ASTRONOMY COLUMN: When light becomes light pollution The Journal Pioneer With all that we hear every day about the pollution of our oceans, our land, and lakes and rivers, it may seem strange to discuss light pollution. Yet, it is important...