Dark Sky is the most accurate source of hyperlocal weather information. With down-to-the-minute forecasts, you’ll know exactly when the rain will start or stop, right where you’re standing. (It’s like magic.)
Featured in: New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Wired, and more.
YOUR WEATHER, DOWN TO THE MINUTE
Dark Sky is able to create forecasts for your precise location, giving you minute-by-minute predictions for the next hour and hour-by-hour forecasts for the next day and week.
BEAUTIFUL WEATHER ANIMATIONS
The same technology that powers Dark Sky’s predictions also allows us to make the world’s first perfectly smooth radar animation. Other apps show you a chunky slideshow that makes it nearly impossible to tell how storms are moving. But Dark Sky’s radar animation lets you see the actual path of the storm: how it moved in the past, and where it’s going in the future.
Dark Sky comes with advanced notification options: Receive down-to-the-minute alerts before it starts raining at your exact location, get notified of government severe weather alerts (for such things as thunderstorms, flooding, hurricanes, etc.), or even create your own custom notifications covering the next 24 hours for things like temperature, wind, precipitation and more. Even if you haven’t opened the app in days, Dark Sky will tell you what you need to know, when you need to know it.
The Dark Sky Notification Center Widget tells you at a glance what’s going to happen in the next hour and the next week, so you don’t even have to unlock your phone to quickly check the weather before heading out.
Explore weather in the past or future. Choose a date and see historical weather data or future predictions based off of seasonal averages.
Dark Sky looks great on your wrist. Get notifications and check out the weather for the next week with the Dark Sky app built from scratch for Apple Watch.
- Forecast now caches most recent GPS location
Dark Sky Weather App Video Statistics
Dark Sky Weather Reviews (29)
super sonic cloud
CARROT⁵ uses dark sky
Do you like the recent Dark Sky update?
The app no longer works on Apple Watch; it crashes every time I try to use it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but the problem persists.
Looks pretty but UI has been compromised.
The Apple Watch app does not reflect the settings from the phone. Eg my phone is set to show Celsius but the watch always shows Fahrenheit.
Thank you for the video
Thanks for the reviews. I'm going with Dark Sky!
Watch complication still not working after last iOS update, despite two updates being release by Dark Sky. Accuracy isn’t what it used to be when I bought the app a few years ago... I have had several instances in the past few months where it’s raining outside, and the app shows no rain forecasted for the next hour.
What’s all the hooplah? Listed as tops in the App Store. NOT. Maybe it’s good if you want a quickie. I’ve had 28 weather apps (both free and paid) shown in my App Store history. So BTDT. Dark Sky is a POOR ROI. Installed: on my iPad the “current location” is three blocks away from the “current location” shown on my iPhone. “Light snow will stop in 30 minutes.” Well, I guess it could. I stand out in the clear and there’s no light snow (or rain, or breeze) at *this very moment*. So, yep, I guess it could stop in 30 minutes. So could an earthquake or a tornado. (Have you stopped beating your wife?) Information on current conditions? Temperature/feels like and a precip icon, with a rough stab at precip guess (as described above). For more, scroll down and touch once each for hourly temp, feels like, precip, wind. Tedious. No comprehensive description current condition or future predictions. [Edit: that very next day] Having seen the Dark Sky website bragging about its very many sources if info I was doubly surprised—or maybe not—at this morning’s prediction: “Next Hour: Temporarily unavailable. (Radar station offline.)” Multiple sources, eh? Hah! Too bad the App Store has no return policy. I’ve seen far better weather apps. I have one.
Frustrating experience with things constantly getting broken and then fixed then broken again. Bought primary for watch support but the complication stopped updating
You had me at "homicidal". Trying Carrot now!
Chuck Norris' programs never exit, they terminate.
Storm was the best weather app. Too bad it has recently discontinued
Thanks. Good video and very informative.
Happiness depends upon ourselves.
Dark Sky Weather Wiki
Dark Sky Weather app wiki coming soon. dark sky, carrot weather, vs, iphone, weather, app, dark, sky, carrot, apple, watch, apple watch, review, comparison, walkthrough,
Dark Sky Weather App News
- The Essential Android Apps for 2018 - Which Android app is worth a spot on your new smartphone or tablet? Trying to find the very best of the best is a challenging process, because there are millions of apps to pick from on the Google Play Store. Even if you just scan Google’s “top free” or “top …
- Fall equinox 2018: Not as 'equal' as you may think - Fall equinox for 2018 is upon us, that day when you get equal amounts of daylight and darkness. Well, it's not as equal as you think. Find out whether you get bonus sunlight and read up on myths and celebrations.
- ‘Would that all journeys were on foot’: writers on the joy of walking - Will Self, Fran Lebowitz, Helen Garner and others share their love letters to urban pedestrianism What is Walking the City week? Vision Zero: has the drive to eliminate road deaths lost its way? For Walking the City week – exploring all aspects of urban walki…
- A scientist who’s flown into 18 big storms says Hurricane Michael had the craziest turbulence — but those bumpy rides could help forecasters unravel a mystery - Hurricane Michael was the strongest storm to hit the US in nearly 50 years, based on its low central pressure. Hurricane Hunter Jon Zawislak was on a plane in the eye of the storm just before it made landfall. Such flights help meteorologists better understan…