Join over 300 million learners on Duolingo, the most popular way to learn languages! It’s free, fun and effective. The secret? Duolingo feels like a game and makes sure you stay motivated.
Over 30 languages to choose from - all completely free!
• "Far and away the best language-learning app." — The Wall Street Journal
• "A single app for language skills, self-improvement and digital escape." - The New York Times
• "Duolingo may hold the secret to the future of education." — TIME Magazine
• "...Duolingo is cheerful, lighthearted and fun..." - Forbes
Duolingo is changing the way people learn languages using advanced technology to personalize every lesson for you. Practice reading, writing, speaking, listening and conversation with intelligent Chatbots. Track your progress, earn rewards, and join the world’s largest community of language learners.
We offer: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Irish, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Turkish, Norwegian, Polish, Hebrew, Esperanto, Vietnamese, Ukrainian, Welsh, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, and Swahili. Oh, and English too.
While all learning content in Duolingo is free, we do offer Duolingo Plus which removes ads and provides other helpful features. If you choose to purchase Duolingo Plus, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
If you don’t choose to purchase Duolingo Plus, you can simply continue using Duolingo for free. Current Duolingo Plus subscription price starts at $9.99 USD/month.
Terms of Service: duolingo.com/terms
Duolingo is a free language-learning app and website which has gained millions of followers in recent times. In this Duolingo review video I walk through some ...
Notice something different? We gave ourselves a makeover with a fresh new design that features a brighter look, fun animations and an all-new Duo!
Duolingo App Video Statistics
Duolingo Reviews (1,334)
Alex Van de Meulebroecke
Hi Paul, what do you think of duoLingo Chinese? I started it but at a certain moment it became to difficult.
I wish they could have Norwegian Newspapers here in the US (since I’m learning Norwegian) cause I wanna be able to expand my vocab
when you level up to a new level "Paul"
It never occurred to me that you'd pronounce your last name with an English "J" sound. I pronounced it with a "Y" sound in my head because it just seemed more natural.
It’s the best app ever! And has the coolest emojis.
Just switched from android to iPhone and now you have to have lives AND the most frustrating is it asks you to choose an answer to fill in the blank, but it doesn’t ask you in english or Spanish which word to choose. So when you choose boy, they say the answer was girl and vice verse; now I can’t get past that round because I lose my lives. Soooo disappointed in the app now.
I studied Spanish six years ago so I’m familiar with the language, something that I don’t like on the app it was that you can only skip the first level but then you had to do each individual lesson from that point. On the computer you were able to skip levels up to five or six which helped once I started remembering everything I learned. I had a good 20-ish day streak going on with trying to get 30 and the app stopped working when I would open it it would crash and say we’ve encountered a problem try signing out. So I would sign out and sign back in and it wouldn’t let me do anything with any of my languages. But without fail it would notify me don’t forget to learn your language for today but the app would never work. I also was getting notifications for each of the languages I had tried to learn years prior and found no way to remove them from the list. I was getting 20 or more notifications every day for all the different languages I had previously tried to learn just because I was trying to brush up on Spanish.
Seems to be the most user friendly learning tool from the word go. Love it.
Hi! I have been learning Spanish on Duolingo for the last week and it is a great app! I love how when you start a new lesson or language it gives you a little picture to help you along the way and helps you to also understand what word is what. I think this app is probably the best you can get. I totally recommend it. Thanks!
I find that Duolingo works systematically through vocabulary & grammer. It would help if was easier to find where I am upto when I switch between computer & mobile app.
duoling is probably fine for languages that are related to english. But something like Japanese isnt working on there.
Chuck Norris doesn't get crabs... he gets lobsters
According to me Duolingo just increase your speaking ability my friends learn Spanish from Duolingo he know meaning of some word in Spanish but he don't know how to read Spanish alphabet like ll or ñ
Abicim drink diyor iç yazıyorum doğru cevap ama o halen bana yanlış cevap diyor
Doğru yapıyosun doğru cevap yazıp can azaltıyo düzeltilmesi lazım onun dışında harika bir uygulama
Sizden çok şey öğreniyorum, teşekkürler.
Jorgensen? So you are Danish...
Patience is a virtue but you will never ever accomplish anything if you don't exercise action over patience.
Duolingo ( DEW-oh-LING-goh) is a freemium language-learning platform that includes a language-learning website and app, as well as a digital language proficiency assessment exam. As of October 2018, the language-learning website and app offer 81 different language courses in 37 languages. The app has about 300 million registered users across the world. . language study, polyglot, foreign language, fluent, travel, phrases, vocabulary, grammar, Duolingo (Website), Language learning app, gamification, gamified learning, experience points, lingot, duo, Esperanto Language (Human Language), Review (Media Genre), Software (Industry), Website (Industry), Teacher, Lesson, education,
Duolingo App News
- Learn These Two Words Before Visiting a Foreign Country - You’ve probably already downloaded Duolingo before your next big international trip, but there are two important words to know before going to any foreign-speaking land. Read more...
- See if You're Using These Popular Android Apps That Overshare Info to Facebook - A recent Privacy International study found that 42.55% of the free apps in Google Play could share data with Facebook, and many popular apps share data with Facebook the second they’re opened. Read more...
- TNW’s favorite apps for Windows users in 2018 - Microsoft’s app store for Windows has become a fairly impressive library of software for users, and we want our readers to go into the new year with apps that will make their PCs just that much better. To that end, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorit…
- Programming Hub, una app que quiere ser como Duolingo pero para aprender a programar - Para aprender a programar online lo que sobran son opciones, desde cursos y tutoriales, a ebooks y manuales, y por supuesto, aplicaciones y plataformas que buscan ofrecer todo lo necesario para que aprendas a escribir código. En esa última categoría cuentas c…