Sky Guide makes stargazing simple. Just hold it overhead to automatically find stars, constellations, planets, satellites and more. With so many fun and powerful features, there is something for all ages and experience levels!
Is it a star or the planet Mars? Knowing what's up in your night sky is now effortless with Sky Guide. Hold your iPhone or iPad up and Sky Guide automatically aligns itself to the stars above you—no setup required.
Have you ever wished you could recognize the constellations but didn't want to study those paper star charts? Sky Guide's augmented reality (AR) mode makes learning your way around the sky clear and effortless.
Whether you're in search of the constellation Virgo, the Andromeda Galaxy or the next big meteor shower, Sky Guide is jam-packed with information and rich graphics that will satisfy the most curious minds.
Voyage to the past and future with cinematic time controls. Know where the Moon will be later in the evening so you can capture that perfect photo. See what the sky looked like the moment you were born or be an eyewitness to history's greatest comets.
It's a star! It's a plane! No, it's a satellite! Sky Guide features hundreds of bright satellites for you to identify and track. You can also receive notifications whenever the International Space Station flies over your location.
Use Sky Guide anywhere—on your evening dog walk, camping trips or in the classroom. The app works with or without Wi-Fi, cellular service or GPS, so everything is at your fingertips no matter where you go.
- Huge stellar catalog: 2.5 million stars!
- Filter: X-ray the sky and explore invisible wonders.
- Red night mode: Preserve your dark-adapted eyesight.
- Notification Center Widget: At-a-glance essentials including rise and set times for the Sun, Moon and planets.
- Apple Watch: Sky Guide can send you a notification when an event is about to happen in the skies above your location, like when the International Space Station is due to fly over. You can also keep tabs on the latest solar activity or add our super-accurate Moon Complication to your Apple Watch face.
Join the millions who have discovered a more personal connection to the stars with Sky Guide. It might forever change the way you look up.
Demo of the app, Sky Guide.
Bug fixes New in 6.7 + Enabled higher resolution camera in AR mode + Added the Tesla Roadster launched in February by SpaceX's Falcon Heavy rocket + Added three comets that will be observable later this year + Added new amateur radio satellite AO-92 and de-orbited Tiangong-1 + New for SUPERMASSIVE subscribers: 1.7 billion stars now in your pocket! This is the latest star catalog from the European Space Agency's groundbreaking Gaia mission. When you launch Sky Guide the new catalog will download and replace the old catalog. No additional storage is required since the additional stars are streamed from a server. We find it hard to believe that it has now been five years since Sky Guide debuted on the App Store! To all those who have had moments under the stars with Sky Guide, THANK YOU, and we hope you continue to spread the word to those who have not yet caught the stargazing fever! -Nick and Chris
Sky Guide App Video Statistics
Sky Guide Reviews (22)
For some reason it doesn't work for me Example: I could be pointing my phone to the sun and on the app I'm point at some constellation! And the sun is like behind me in the app when I'm pointing it at the sun. And yes I do have my locations on and I have the time right can someone help plz 🤗
uma pena não ter no Android 😓😓😓😓
Such an amazing app, just love it. And the music is so magical. Just great.
A seriously spectacular app! I’ve had this for quite a while now, I use it to navigate through the night sky, determine what celestial object it is I see, and just get to know the universe we live in. Recently subscribed to Supermassive and it is truly mesmerising, well worth it for only £10 a year, considering how much this app has to offer even without Supermassive. A perfect app for anyone who loves astronomy.
Always been a fan of this app, and it just gets better and better every time. Being a Supermassive subscriber, I now have access to 1.7 billion stars too... I’ll NEVER be able to even find those, fantastic work!
I purchased this app as a photographer so have you considered doing a clip explaining for us who are not up with the stars on how we can plan a photograph of the Milky Way. Such as using the date & time to see the Milky Way and may be get a compass heading.
This is amazing.... love this app!!! Darla
Rien à faire cette application est la king de toutte!
Mate I'm in Australia Southern sky's Not the North.
This app is so useful and is so interesting to someone like me.
I like Sky Guide because it’s so fun. It fun see the constellations in my backyard. -Molly, age 8
This app doesn’t seem to know which way my pad is pointing
Using this app, I was able to locate Saturn with a telescope, Stunning view!
Best astronomy app ever, so much info, easy to use and beautifully presented.
A terrific guide for backyard star gazers , informative and easy to use .
Every evening away from planet earth....
Chuck Norris's parents used police bullet proof vests to make his diapers.
My favourite app. Love the night skies and each time I see a brighter than normal star sky guide is my go to. Did I say I love it?
kool muzix too
One of the best apps around. Easy to use and informative. My daughter and I often use it when camping.
sky guide for android??
Türkçe dil desteği istiyoruz lütfen
HAKAN YAŞAR ÜLKER
UYGULAMA GÜZEL AMA TÜRKÇE DEĞİL 👎🏿🇹🇷AYRICA FAZLA ÖZELLİK YOK
I bought it and looked nothing like this on my phone. maybe because its android. I got a refund.
Why worry about tomorrow, when today is all we have?
Sky Guide App News
- How to Get Started With Your Brand-New Samsung Galaxy S9 - Happy launch day, new Samsung Galaxy S9 and or S9+ owners! Now that you have your brand-new device (or are still refreshing its shipping status every five minutes while waiting for it to arrive), here are some of our favorite tips, tricks, and tweaks you can …
- How to Plan Travel to See an Aurora - It can feel nearly impossible to you access a sense of wonder in today’s all-the-information-anytime-you-want-it environment, but the answer, I find, is often in the natural world. Whether it’s feeling the strange cool breeze that arises during the totality o…
- These Credit Cards Give You Free Airport Lounge Access - Free booze! And snacks! So many outlets! It’s not a stretch to say the Chase Sapphire Reserve has ruined me. Read more...
- The Best London Tips From Our Readers - I’ve got a lovely bunch of London hacks, bum-ba-be-bum. Here they are a-quoted all below. Your Hack Your City columnist is on Dayquil today, and just conscious enough to guide you through the best tips for London, collected from our smart and probably beautif…