Millions of people use Signal every day for free and instantaneous communication anywhere in the world. Send and receive high-fidelity messages, participate in HD voice/video calls, and explore a growing set of new features that help you stay connected. Signal’s advanced privacy-preserving technology is always enabled, so you can focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
• Say anything – State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (powered by the open source Signal Protocol™) keeps your conversations secure. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
• Go fast – Messages are delivered quickly and reliably, even on slow networks. Signal is optimized to operate in the most constrained environment possible.
• Feel free – Signal is a completely independent 501c3 nonprofit. Development is supported by users like you. No advertisements. No trackers. No kidding.
• Be yourself – You can use your existing phone number and address book to securely communicate with your friends.
• Speak up – Whether they live across town or across the ocean, Signal’s enhanced audio and video quality will make your friends and family feel closer.
• Whisper in the shadows – Switch to the dark theme if you refuse to see the light.
• Sound familiar – Choose custom alerts for each contact, or disable noises completely. Simon & Garfunkel wrote a hit song about it in 1964, and you can experience the sound of silence whenever you want by choosing “None” as your notification ringtone.
• Picture this – Use the built-in image editing features to sketch, crop, and flip your outgoing photos. There’s even a text tool so that you can add more words to the 1,000 that your picture is already worth.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@signalapp) and Instagram (@signal_app) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
• Chat wallpapers have arrived! Choose unique wallpapers for individual chats (you may as well type on a heart-filled wallpaper if they're your type on paper) or just set one default background for everyone if your patience is wallpaper thin. • This update includes support for animated stickers along with the first official animated Signal sticker pack, "Day by Day" by Miguel Ángel Camprubí. You can create your own APNG animated sticker packs in Signal Desktop, and now you can share sticker packs with multiple chats too! • Optionally tell your friends what's going on or share something new "About" yourself in your Signal Profile. • If they're a big deal to you, tap on their profile photo to see them in a full-screen view. • New setting to lower data usage for calls. • Automatically pause attachment downloads while a call is in progress. Deciding to wait doesn't need to feel like such a weight because you can pause and resume attachment downloads whenever you want. • We improved image compression and quality so larger-than-life memories are always just the right size. • Expanded chat list previews display the sender's name in group chats so it's easier to decide which threads to look at first. • Signal chats can now be displayed as suggestions when sharing from other apps. This setting can be enabled or disabled at any time. Interested in helping improve Signal? We're hiring. Visit https://signal.org/workworkwork to learn more.
Signal - Private Messenger Reviews (349,432)
I’ve used signal and I’ve donated to signal. I’ve never liked anything FB owned but due to this service having issues I’m struggling to get people to change. Notifications are hit and miss, I don’t want stickers, wallpaper or anything infantile, some photo messages arrive blurry and no idea why. But the latest update has restricted sending to multiple people, now only 5 are permitted. Once of my most hated WhatsApp features. Also I can’t go to media and select multiple images to forward, the only option is to delete. If I do them one by one (very tedious) when I’ve done the second a keyboard appears which cannot be removed - I have to go back to the original sender, find out where I was up to and go again. The aggravation in using Signal may send me back to WhatsApp for these features. Developers please take note - we aren’t all kids and we need features for grumpy, impatient, time restrained adults that just want to share photos and jokes sometimes.
When sending videos it either doesn’t download or takes forever.
Great new update with wallpaper selection. Couple of things still missing. The ability to forward multiple messages at once would be helpful. Also, in group chats, when somebody sends multiple messages consecutively, their name appears at the top but their avatar/profile pic is displayed next to the last message. This makes it very confusing. Either put their profile pic next to every message they send or don’t display it all.
Kind of hard to give it any other review other than 1 star. You enter your phone number and it says it will text a verification code. Hours later nothing has arrived. Tried so many times even called Rogers who said it doesn’t show any recent texts on their end.
Needs sent message editing and text formatting.
I need avatar option for contacts.. contacts without profile picture looks dull and boring...
Potentially the best App I have ever downloaded. Probably 100% the best there is. An amazing idea - I donated $5 legitimately
I’ve just installed Signal and first remark was , why all on black , yes for conversations you can personalize the background but for the first page, list of conversations , it’s all black I guess it needs more colors
It's an error showing when you try to use it on iPad I do have in my phone so far is fine.. but I need in both I think it works only in one ...
I was able to know the product via Joe’s podcast. I have watched every second of it and realize true meaning of it. I would pushed more people to use it. Please donate if you can. $1 is good enough to make a change. Cheers
Everything else works fine. But can’t change group name. It says ‘you are not connected to internet.’
Still great, and keeps getting better. Has a dark mode.
You may call it something else😜
Just started using this app. So far ok. Would be good if we can see if the person is online / when they were last online.
For groups Would be nice to have a poll option I. E choose an option for an event Or event rsvp options for each group member. Live location sharing for 15 or 60 minutes would also be nice.
Bu uygulamayınyayalım, gizlilikten yana sıkıntısı olanlar başka uygulamaya geçeceğine bu uygulama kullanılmalı ve yayılmalı kesinlikleee
Grup konuşmaları sildiğimizde grubu da siliyor...
gelen mesajın tam saati mesajın altında yazmalı mesaj bilgisinde de doğru yazmıyor mesajın gönderilme zamanı
It's important to know that words don't move mountains. Work, exacting work moves mountains.