SkyView® brings stargazing to everyone. Simply point your iPhone, iPad, or iPod at the sky to identify stars, constellations, planets, satellites, and more!
Over 1.7 million downloads.
App Store Rewind 2011 -- Best Education App
“If you've ever wanted to know what you're looking at in the night sky, this app is the perfect stargazer's companion.”
"If you’ve ever been looking for a stargazing app for your iPhone, then this [is] definitely the one to get."
“SkyView is an Augmented Reality app that lets you see just what delights the sky has to offer.”
– 148Apps Editor’s Choice
You don't need to be an astronomer to find stars or constellations in the sky, just open SkyView® and let it guide you to their location and identify them. SkyView® is a beautiful and intuitive stargazing app that uses your camera to precisely spot and identify celestial objects in sky, day or night. Find all 88 constellations as they fade in and out while you scan across the sky, locate every planet in our solar system, discover distant galaxies, and witness satellite fly-bys.
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations, planets, and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Sighting Events: schedule alerts for upcoming celestial events.
• Apple Watch: see what objects are visible tonight and how to spot them using your Apple Watch.
• Today Widget: brand new iOS 8 today widget lets you quickly see upcoming celestial events.
• Night Mode: Preserve your night vision with red or green night mode filters.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the sky track for any object to see it’s exact location in the sky on any date and time.
• Comprehensive: Includes thousands of stars, planets, and satellites with thousands of interesting facts.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
Actual app use starts at 1:29 SkyView is such an amazing augmented reality (AR) app (iOS/Android). A great app for people interested in astronomy, astrology or ...
Dear Stargazer, This update supports additional screen sizes and fixes a few bugs.
SkyView® App Video Statistics
SkyView® Reviews (2)
I purchased this app as my interest towards to the skies and I really liked it but since the last update I do not often use it because for example if I search for the Moon I do not get the rise time as long as I do not point at it. Sometimes I just wish not to update anything...
This app is just out of this world “Pardon the Pun” it’s great for the beginner who is just starting out on this great hobby and it’s backed up with all the information you need and the background music gives you the feeling of being amongst the stars and planets, it’s great to have all this information at your fingertips and the beauty of it is you don’t have to go out in the cold to view it. On here you don’t get any cloudy nights
Really could do with the compass knowing which way is which every time I fire up the app. When I’m at home I know which way is which but if I’m out & about it’s a pain. Other than that it’s a great app!
I love this app. It is great.
I’m on holiday in Grenada and curious about the stars in the sky. This APP is terrible. It has no options to turn off features. Trying to understand what star I’m looking st but can’t find it because of all the silly graphics. DO NOT BUY THIS. WASTE OF MONEY
For some odd reason, the app shows obscure NGC objects by default, but not the Messier objects that are visible in nearly any telescope. You have to manually enter an object’s name to display it. It would be fantastic if the app had the Messier objects always displayed, or an option to do so.
My 4 year old grandson has recently discovered space. Nothing makes you the Cool Gramma like being able to help him find his favorite planets. Thanks for making Gramma cool again!
Nutty Squirrel in AK
Galileo and Newton, Brahe and Copernicus would be beside themselves seeing all you have included in your app. Makes superb use of modern technology to access the wonders of a starlit sky. What a treat!
This app is amazing! It reminds me of Virtual Reality because you can see the whole sky even when you are sitting in your bedroom!
Doesn’t line up with anything.
Chuck Norris once fought with his roundhouse kick and defeated it. LOL!
You fucken wankers
Very disappointed as this is all fake as it can pickup stars in my lounge on a summer day
So impressed with this app.
I use this app often as I walk the dog at night. It has opened my awareness of how interesting the night sky is! 😊
Degerli bir uygulam kalite fiyat fazlasıyla iyi
Programı güncellemeyi düşünüyor musunuz?
Hem eglenceli hem egitici! Harika!
If you propose to speak, always ask yourself, is it true, is it necessary, is it kind.
SkyView® app wiki coming soon. SkyView, Find stars, Augmented Reality, Universe, Space education, Identify stars, Constellations, Planets, Satellites, Night sky, Stargaze, Stargazing, Celestial objects, Android, iOS, Mobile app, Cosmology, Cosmos, Astrology, Astronomy,
SkyView® App News
- 2 Dead After Tornado Rips Through Motel and Mobile Home Park in Oklahoma - A likely tornado killed at least 2 as it hit a motel and a nearby mobile home park, causing damage in the Oklahoma City area, officials say.
- The Latest: Tornado confirmed in storm-damaged Indiana town - DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — The Latest on damaging storms across the central United States (all times local):
- Júpiter estará en opsición estos días y podrán verse sus grandes lunas sin telescopio, solo con prismáticos - Jupiter estará en oposición, en su posición más cercana a la Tierra / Imagen: Solar System Scope (Nota: la imagen no está a escala) Uno de mis recuerdos más vívidos de cuando salía con el telescopio al campo a ver qué conseguía ver es del primer día que pude …
- UPDATE: Tornado rips through Oklahoma town... - UPDATE: Tornado rips through Oklahoma town... (First column, 1st story, link ) Related stories: Is latest spate of twisters new normal in Missouri and Kansas? Advertise here