SkyView® brings stargazing to everyone. Simply point your iPhone, iPad, or iPod at the sky to identify stars, constellations, planets, satellites, and more!
Over 2.5 million downloads.
App Store Rewind 2011 -- Best Education App
“If you've ever wanted to know what you're looking at in the night sky, this app is the perfect stargazer's companion.”
"If you’ve ever been looking for a stargazing app for your iPhone, then this [is] definitely the one to get."
“SkyView is an Augmented Reality app that lets you see just what delights the sky has to offer.”
– 148Apps Editor’s Choice
You don't need to be an astronomer to find stars or constellations in the sky, just open SkyView® and let it guide you to their location and identify them. SkyView® is a beautiful and intuitive stargazing app that uses your camera to precisely spot and identify celestial objects in sky, day or night. Find all 88 constellations as they fade in and out while you scan across the sky, locate every planet in our solar system, discover distant galaxies, and witness satellite fly-bys.
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations, planets, and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Sighting Events: schedule alerts for upcoming celestial events.
• Apple Watch: see what objects are visible tonight and how to spot them using your Apple Watch.
• Today Widget: brand new iOS 8 today widget lets you quickly see upcoming celestial events.
• Night Mode: Preserve your night vision with red or green night mode filters.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the sky track for any object to see it’s exact location in the sky on any date and time.
• Comprehensive: Includes thousands of stars, planets, and satellites with thousands of interesting facts.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
This update addresses minor bugs present in iOS 13.
SkyView® Reviews (3,136)
You’d think with historic events like the Dragon Demo2 launch that the developers would keep users entertained and updated by featuring these main events. Any plan to include Starlink? Seems like just app development for the sake of it rather than genuine forefront capability 🤷♂️
This was a great app, but recently the thing is well out on its planet location. I’m currently sat looking at the moon, I bring up the phone to line up the moon to see what else is about and the moon isn’t there. Use the search and the moon is apparently directly behind me. What is all that about. I have tried to recalibrate and still have the same issue. Considering I paid for this app it needs sorting please.
Used this app approx 2 years. Always there like a trusted friend whenever I want to identify an object. Writing is a bit small for oldies, but otherwise have never seen a reason to get anything different.
It’s great for everyone. Like how many people know that the International space is actually moving faster than a bullet, yet you can see it sometimes moving across the sky. That’s pretty cool.
When I got the free version it was really easy to line up the screen to the stars in the sky. It seems that with each update the alignment gets worse. It’s really unreliable now.
I wish it did
One of the best apps around, I’ve had this for years and never tire of it .
Cool little sky map app, but the sound/music failed after the first use. On a new iPhone 7 Plus, first app installed. Update: Very poorly designed GUI. The fine print instructions are impossible to read, unless you screencap and enlarge. The text is too dark to distinguish from the background.
Even though the free version is okay anyway, the paid version for only $8 is amazing! Works great on an iPad and is great for people like me who are only just starting out in astronomy. It looks like a lot of work from the developers has gone in here!
Mr park 12
It is so great 😀
Great app, better than all of the paid apps. I’ve been using it for years and use it nearly every night.
Da baddest one ever
At the moment nothing happens. Not the buttons not the screen, nothing. I will keep playing with it and if it some how fixes itself I will redo my rating.
This is a great app that my granddaughters and I look at often Highly recommended.
You fucken wankers
Very disappointed as this is all fake as it can pickup stars in my lounge on a summer day
Amatör & meraklılar için ideal bir uygulama. PRO alın derim
Compass not showing up. It is generally not displayed, especially in augmented view mode. This has been a very old issue. I’ve complained many times on this issue, was responded with no help at all!
I want different languages .For example Turkısh :)
Fortune favours the brave.