Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them—no tagging required.
• SMARTER SHARING: With smart sharing suggestions, giving your friends the photos you took of them is painless. And they can add their photos, too, so you’ll finally get the photos you’re actually in.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• LIVE ALBUMS: Share your latest photos with Live Albums. Select the people and pets you want to see and Google Photos will automatically add photos of them as you take them, no manual updates needed.
• SHARED LIBRARIES: Share without sharing. Grant a trusted person access to all of your photos.
• REDISCOVER: Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day – perfect for #tbt.
• GOOGLE LENS: Search what you see. This preview enables you to identify text and objects in your photos to learn more and take action.
• ON YOUR TV: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast and Airplay support.
• FREE STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free for up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD and access them from any device and photos.google.com—your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
You can also upgrade storage for your Google Account, used for Original Quality photos and videos, Google Drive and Gmail by subscribing to Google One, an expanded storage plan. Subscriptions start at $1.99/month for 100 GB in the US. Pricing and availability can vary by region.
Storage subscriptions purchased in-app will be charged to your iTunes Account, and automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Google One Terms of Service: one.google.com/terms-of-service
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
Using GPS in the background can decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you turn on optional features.
Google Photos 2018-- the easy way to keep your photos safe, organized and easy to find. Learn how you can use Google Photos to manage your pics and keep ...
We fixed a bug in the Sharing tab so you can send photos more reliably.
Google Photos App Video Statistics
Google Photos Reviews (783)
Rural Property in Spain
I am finding that the photos are backing up to Google Photos and then they have gone from the phone??. never had this problem before
My LG used to automatically put my photos in google photos. I just got a Samsung S9 and it doesn't do that. How can i get my new phone photos to automatically go to google photos?
The only downside is being able to create sub folders in your albums
@MsLeaSalonga: Some of my favorite fan and backstage photos from our first three weeks on the #humanhearttour! Come see us! A handful of…
@MTLK_Efi Il est bien du coup ? J'ai vu les photos le buffet a l'air d'être huge mais j'ai peur pour la qualité de la bouffe du coup
@hyhailey: anyways so i’m googling photos of pigeons and this link said “pigeons sitting down.” obviously i clicked it. …
Good video Steve, but how do I get Google Photos to recover and store all the pics I had on Picasa?
Chuck Norris humps camels, shags carpets and bones China.
I'm just playing around with this app for my beloved iPhone 6. I think it's going to enhance the experience of taking and sharing photos. The creative features are going to be fun - especially making collages and also making little movies from photos, with automatic musical backing! 10 out of 10. One year later: It’s still 10/10 !
I’m sure if I could find instructions for google photos I’d be more positive about it. I just don’t know how it works. I want to delete photos and can’t find out how. I want to get rid duplicates. I want to set up albums and have my photos all in one place. I think this is just too confusing
what a waste of time......get to the point aready.
Is this app save ?
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.
Google Photos Wiki
Google Photos is a photo sharing and storage service developed by Google. It was announced in May 2015 and spun out from Google+, the company's social network. Google Photos gives users free, unlimited storage for photos up to 16 megapixels and videos up to 1080p resolution. The service automatically analyzes photos, identifying various visual features and subjects. Users can search for anything in photos, with the service returning results from three major categories: People, Places, and Things. Google Photos recognizes faces, grouping similar ones together (this feature is only available in certain countries due to privacy laws); geographic landmarks (such as the Eiffel Tower); and subject matter, including birthdays, buildings, animals, food, and more. Different forms of machine learning in the Photos service allow recognition of photo contents, automatically generate albums, animate similar photos into quick videos, surface past memories at significant times, and improve the quality of photos and videos. In May 2017, Google announced several updates to Google Photos, including reminders for and suggested sharing of photos, shared photo libraries between two users, and physical albums, with Photos automatically suggesting collections based on face, location, trip, or other distinction. Google photos acts as a back up when photos are sent or in Google terms 'Shared'. This is just a common backup tool when photos are shared between social media or other platforms or apps. Google Photos received critical acclaim after its decoupling from Google+ in 2015. Reviewers liked the updated Photos service for its recognition technology, search, apps, and loading times. Nevertheless, privacy concerns were raised, including Google's motivation for building the service, as well as its relationship to governments and possible laws requiring Google to hand over a user's entire photo history. Google Photos has seen strong user adoption. It reached 100 million users after five months, 200 million after one year, and 500 million as of May 2017, with Google announcing that over 1.2 billion photos are uploaded to the service every day, with the grand total of all uploaded content measuring over 13.7 petabytes of storage. For comparison, at the end of 2017 the entire Internet Archive held almost 40 petabytes.. google photos, google photos 2018, google photos tutorial 2018, google photos tutorial, google, dottotech, steve dotto, productivity, tutorial, google apps, dotto, online photo storage, google photos backup, google photos backup and sync, google photos app, using google photos, using google photos to save space on your phone, google backup and sync, photos, google calendar tips and tricks, google backup and sync tutorial, how to be productive, backup photos,
Google Photos App News
- How to Organize Photos by Faces in iOS - Gone are the days when you had to manually scan through hundreds of photos to find that one shot of you and your best friend that eludes you. On the three platforms you’re most likely to use to store your smartphone pictures—Apple Photos, Amazon Photos, and G…
- Here's Your Digital Packing List for Your Next Trip - It’s great to have a packing list for real world items, to make sure you don’t forget your underwear or your toothbrush, but what about a digital packing list? Make sure you have these electronic essentials before you travel so an internet blip doesn’t leave …
- How to Eat Ramen in Japan - In Japan, eating ramen is a near goddamn religious experience. Read more...
- Excel's New 'Insert Data From Picture' Tool Works Pretty Well With Dungeons & Dragons - Android: Microsoft is currently testing a fun new feature that allows you to import data into Excel by taking a picture of it—preferably a data table and not, say, your cat. That won’t do anything. Read more...